Travel Documents



At various points during your journey you will be required to prove your identity with a valid travel document. Different countries and regions may require different types of travel documents.

It is the responsibility of each passenger to present valid required travel documents and visas and for complying with all laws, regulations and travel requirements of countries to be flown from, into or through which you transit. Without essential travel documents you may not be allowed to board your flight. We strongly recommend that you contact the relevant embassy of the country you are travelling to if you have any questions.


For Flight Between the UK and Ireland.

If you are citizen of the UK or Republic of Ireland and were born in that country you do not need a passport to travel between the two countries, but you do require some form of valid photograph identification, such as:

Valid driving license with photograph, Valid Passport or Valid Irish passport card 
(Irish Public Service Card is not acceptable) 

All other travellers require a valid passport, visa where applicable, or national ID card to travel between the two countries.

International Flights

If you are travelling to any of the European countries including Schengen Countries you will need a passport or national ID card. 

Recently Married

In the event your reservation name is in your married name, and your photo ID is in your maiden name, CityJet will accept you for travel on presentation of the marriage certificate verifying both names.

Travel Documents for Children

For international flights children and infants require their own individual valid passport. 
For travel between UK and Republic of Ireland, children under the age of 16 do not require travel documentation. However CityJet recommend you carry a copy of the child’s birth certificate if they do not possess a passport. 
If you are not the parent or legal guardian of the children travelling, or if you are travelling as a one parent family, we recommend you contact the Government Agency/ Services of the country you are travelling to ensure you have the correct documentation 


 Italian citizens under 14 years of age who are not accompanied by their parents must be entrusted to a person, organisation or travelling companion, as recorded on a “dichiarazione di accompagno”  [DECLARATION TO ACCOMPANY], endorsed by the relevant passport office or competent authority (such as local police).  

Confirmation of accompaniment will therefore be necessary and must be shown. Any minor who presents without the required declaration will not be permitted to leave Italy. It is a legal requirement for an Italian minor under 14 years of age to have a declaration signed by both parents and stamped by the local police (Questura) to entrust the child either to an adult (other than a parent or relative). 

The form must be prepared, signed, stamped and filled in in all its parts before commencing travel. All those passengers turning up for departure without the above mentioned prior arrangements will be denied boarding by local immigration police. Please note that this ruling also applies to minors of dual nationality who are in possession of an Italian passport and residing in Italy. 

APIS Information

Advance Passenger Information (API or APIS) is required to be submitted by all passengers departing or arriving in the United Kingdom. This information is collected by us before you check-in, through manage My Booking or at an airport check-in desk or kiosk. This information is then securely sent to the necessary government authorities.

You will be required to supply the following details:
Date of Birth (DOB)
Country of residence
Type of travel document
Number of the travel document
Expiry date of the travel document
Country of issue