Checking in at the airport
At the check-in desk you must present a valid electronic ticket, with correct flight, date and name, and correct ID documentation. You should also possess all required visas or permits to leave/enter your point of origin and destination. If travelling on an international passport and needing an entry visa for its destination, you will be asked to wait a few minutes so that a mandatory photocopy of the passport and visa can be made, to be held on file for two weeks. Please note that a residence permit or driving license is not a valid form of identification.
Please keep in mind that we also have weight and size restrictions concerning hand baggage.
Please allow enough time to catch your flight. Normally check-in counters will open 90 minutes before departure on international flights and 60 or 90 minutes before departure on domestic flights. Check-in closing times at each of our airports:
||Check in times
Connecting flight from London City Airport?
CityJet is delighted to announce the introduction of a new direct transfer facility for all its passengers with immediate effect. This is yet another first for our company at London City and again proves our record of being innovative and customer focused. A lot of our passengers arrive into London City with onward travel arrangements. The desk is located just adjacent to UK Border Control. Our dedicated Team Members will be happy to assist with your onward travel with CityJet.
Self Service Kiosk
Save time at the airport by checking-in at a Self-Service Kiosk whether you are traveling alone or with company, with or without baggage!
How does it work?
Simply touch the screen and let it guide you! If you have opted for an electronic ticket, insert your Flying Blue card, or credit or debit card, held in your name (even if this card was not used to pay for the ticket). This allows the Self-Service Kiosk to identify you and to locate your electronic ticket in our database.
If you have chosen to travel with a paper ticket, insert it into the kiosk.
Self-Service Kiosks offer you the possibility to:
- Check in 5 hours before departure time and right up to the Check-In Deadline.
- Check-in even if you have a connecting flight.
- Check-in for your return flight, if it is within 24 hours following departure. This service is offered on all our flights with the exception of La Navette shuttle flights.
- Select your seat on the screen display of the cabin (up to 9 passengers reserved on the same file).
- If you have opted for an electronic ticket, print a Trip Summary that includes all of the necessary information about your trip.
- Verify registration of award miles with your Flying Blue card and complete necessary information.
- Change your departure time or choose to be put on a waiting list, depending on fare conditions.
- Travelers with student, youth, child, couple/family, or senior citizen rates may check-in using the Self Service-Kiosks. A document justifying the special rate will be requested before boarding.
Conditions of use
| You must be in possession of a valid electronic or paper ticket.
| You must not have paid and selected certain fare types, as these require the presentation of credentials (such as a congress, training course, etc.).
| Traveling with or without baggage: if you are traveling with hold baggage, after check-in, you can deposit your baggage at the "baggage drop-off counter".
| You must not be in need of special assistance at the airport (unaccompanied minor, wheelchair, etc.).